Bottle Rocket Lift and Dip
The Bottle Rocket Lift is the exciting climax of your dance which then melts down into a beautiful dip. The dip is like sign language- it tells your audience the dance is over and they can begin applauding.
- Leaders must have feet apart and bend the knees while maintaining a straight back as hands wrap around the base of the follower’s rib cage.
- The follower must jump straight up and avoid flexing the hips.
- The follower should also use their arms to press down on the leader’s shoulders.
- Practice in an area with plenty of space, and take frequent breaks.
- In the dip, followers need to keep their eyes up and off the ground. You can look at your partner or out at your adoring fans.
- Hold the dip for at least 5 seconds so that your audience knows the dance is over and so your photographer can snap a quick picture.
Need additional help? Schedule a Skype Lesson with us!